Recochem and the Environment
Recochem’s Environmental Commitment
Responsible corporate citizenship must make profitability and sustainable development a by-product of care for the welfare of our planet, our employees and all who share in our business ventures.
The Management and Staff of Recochem have agreed with this ethic and:
- We resolve to manage chemical products in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of people.
- We resolve to continuously evaluate raw materials and end products with the goal of reducing risks to people and the environment, while still maintaining the effectiveness and competitive position of the product.
- We resolve to continue to reduce our packaging and materials used to minimize generation of waste, both during production and through the life of the product.
- We resolve to increase our use of recycled materials to the optimum that is technically feasible without sacrificing the integrity of our products and containers, while meeting the demands of the marketplace.
- We resolve to transport and present our products in a manner that reduces risk throughout the chain to the end users.
Responsible Care® was designed by the Canadian Chemical Producers’ Association to address public concerns about chemicals by creating a system to manage risk throughout the life cycle of chemicals. Recochem is committed to the principles of Responsible Care®.
The Responsible Care® Ethic
We are committed to doing the right thing and be seen to do the right thing.
We are guided towards environmental, societal, and economic sustainability by the following principles:
- We are stewards of our products and services during their life cycles in order to protect people and the environment.
- We are accountable to the public, who have the right to understand the risks and benefits of what we do and to have their input heard.
- We respect all people.
- We work together to improve continuously.
- We work for effective laws and standards, and will meet or exceed them in letter and spirit.
- We inspire others to commit themselves to the principles of Responsible Care®.
Recochem Inc. has produced and packaged chemicals for over 65 years. We are extremely conscious of both the benefits and the risks, which these chemicals carry, and we try to design procedures to manufacture, store, package, label and distribute these products in a manner that reduces the risks without minimizing the benefits. As new technologies, new information and new regulations emerge, we continuously adapt so that our commitment to environmental and health concerns will keep us ahead of public expectations.
Municipal Hazardous and Special Waste
Recochem has a strong relationship with MHSW (Municipal Hazardous and Special Waste) and keeps up to date with all MHSW developments.
Stewardship Ontario Website: www.stewardshipontario.ca